Tuition Remission and Tuition Discount Program
Tuition Remission and Tuition Discount Program
A tuition remission and tuition discount program is available subject to the following conditions:
1. Remission--a 100 percent waiver of tuition and general fees. All other fees and differentials are the responsibility of the student. Tuition and general fees are the published base amounts that are charged to every student.
2. Discount--a 50 percent reduction in tuition and general fees. All other fees and differentials are the responsibility of the student. Tuition and general fees are the published base amounts that are charged to every student.
3. Eligible Participant: A full-time employee (faculty, 管理员, staff) who is degree-seeking or seeking a course(s) needed to complement YCP position responsibilities and his or her dependents who are seeking a first baccalaureate degree part-time or full-time that are treated equivalently to employees under the Internal Revenue Code for purposes of “qualified tuition reduction” [see Internal Revenue Code sections 1179d), 117(d)(2), 132(h), 和153 (e) (3)), and otherwise further limited by College policy, namely:
a. 全职人员(教师), 政府, and staff) employed as such prior to the start of the semester or session in which the remission or discount will be used.
b. Former faculty members participating in the Faculty Voluntary Separation Plan.
c. Retired full-time employees who completed at least 20 years (40 semesters) of full-time York College service.
d. Disabled former full-time employee.
e. Surviving spouse of a deceased full-time employee; eligibility up to 124 registered undergraduate credits.
f. Spouse; eligibility up to 124 registered undergraduate credits.
g. Dependent child age 26 or younger (son, stepson, daughter, stepdaughter of the taxpayer) of an employee as defined above; eligibility through baccalaureate degree or up to 124 registered undergraduate credits.
a. Standard per credit hour charge for instruction in a regularly scheduled College credit class section (including dual enrollment) on the York campus or branch location for which all tuition is received by 宾夕法尼亚ladbrokes立博亚洲, 每学期最多18个学分. No remission or discount is granted if the instructor is paid on a per student basis (tutorials, lessons, camps, 一些实习, 考试学分, etc.). Students are responsible for any fees or differentials not associated with the published base tuition and general fees.
b. Non-YCP dependent students who enroll into a course(s) during our summer programs and are seeking their first degree will have a standard per credit hour charge for instruction in a regularly scheduled College credit class section on the York campus or branch location for which all tuition is received by 宾夕法尼亚ladbrokes立博亚洲. No remission or discount is granted if the instructor is paid on a per student basis (tutorials, lessons, camps, 一些实习, 考试学分, etc.)或代祷. Students are responsible for any fees or differentials not associated with the published base tuition and general fees.
c. Tuition remission does not apply for certificate programs or the fully online programs.
B. Requirements and Limitations on Participation
- Otherwise eligible participants must meet the admission standards relevant to the course or program intended. York College follows rolling admissions policies; applicants, including tuition remission or discount students, are accepted if they meet admission criteria on a first come, first- served basis until the class or program is full.
- Eligible participants must complete the Authorization Tuition Waiver Form through the 人力资源 Office each semester and submitted by drop add and are highly encouraged to apply for financial aid.
- No other College institutional grants may be received while receiving a remission or discount.
- Employees may take a one-hour class on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday between the hours of 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. 代替他们的午餐时间. 除了, employees may take a one hour and 15 minute class on Tuesday and Thursday between the hours of 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Employees must use the extra 15 minutes per class against their vacation or personal time. Weekly time sheets and employee absentee cards should be submitted weekly to reflect time taken.
C. Applicable Courses and Programs for Eligible Participants
- Remission shall be for undergraduate credits up to the receipt of a College baccalaureate degree or 124 credits, except that a spouse is eligible for up to 124 registered credits regardless of degree status. In the event that a baccalaureate program includes more than 124 credits, the credit hour limit can be exceeded in order to complete such program requirements, upon being certified by the Director of 人力资源, in consultation with appropriate offices.
- For employees only: A discount of 50 percent from graduate degree tuition (York College program) is provided through completion of a graduate degree.
D. A full-time employee who already possesses a Bachelor’s Degree may be authorized to receive remission for an undergraduate course, 如果是高级管理员, who has responsibility for the functional area of the College that includes the employee, determines that a particular course is directly related to the employee’s role or duties at York College and that completion of it promises to enhance the employee’s performance of that role or those duties.
E. Free auditing of courses is permitted, with the instructor’s permission.
F. Questions about the application of the Tuition Remission and Tuition Discount Program shall be referred to the Director of 人力资源.
G. The Tuition Remission and Tuition Discount Program may be subject to federal, state, 和/或当地纳税义务, depending on individual circumstances.